Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Monday, June 25, 2012

This City at Night

I love to walk, whether in a large Metropolitan city, out in the county, along a beach, up a mountain path, or sometimes in circles as it often feels. But, there is something special about the Walk.

And, there is also something special about walking a big city at night.

Last evening, after dinner I took the Tube down to various stops near the Thames and did some walking. I was nearly alone. Partially because of the more business aspect of the area and there is no residential, and partly because nearly the entire city was packed in all of the pubs watching the Soccer match, from which you would sporadically hear roars of frustration, jubilation, or anger.

So, I had a chunk of London to myself, almost literally for the span of nearly an hour. I felt like I was in  a story such as Cormac McCarthy's The Road, in which I was walking through a post-apocalyptic urban waste land, devoid of much human contact.

But, it was a fitting last night for this particular visit to London, which was different in many ways than the previous ones.

I did have Snow Patrol's song in my mind at times, and it was rather fitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment